Wisconsin Music Ventures was founded by a musician, who – as a result – considers WMV to be a “musicians first” organization. Read more about her thoughts on musician advocacy here.
Interested in Becoming a WMV Musician?
All musicians need to fill out this application.
Before you do, look over the info below – and see what makes the most sense for you.
“Find Us” Concerts
- Small ensemble/band (typically five musicians or fewer – soloists, duos and trios will be preferred)
- 60 minutes of music
We have got a Fishman Loudbox Mini amp, vocal mic/stand and a Roland Go Piano available for use, as well as a 10′ X 10′ tent for coverage. Occasionally outdoor venues are in places where there is no electricity nearby. There may be some walking required, in order to get to certain “venue” locations. We’ll ensure each location is a proper match for each performer/ensemble.
Family Music, Alfresco
- A soloist or duo, with teaching experience
- 45 minutes of music/programming, ideally including something hands-on
WMV Special Events
Ticketed, General Admission
- Bigger bands or performers, in bigger venues, when possible
- Two hours of music (allowing for a 20 minute intermission)
There are often other partner events with area businesses. Hours of performance time and pay rate may vary, depending on the arrangement.