Join us for a Sunday brunch-time performance, online! Enjoy a mimosa, Bloody Mary, coffee and/or brunch food of your choice in the comfort of your own home while we provide a live music experience for you.
Audience members will be able to ask questions of the artist, converse with each other along the way (using Zoom chat), and see each other all in one place – almost as if we were at a concert together. Register through this Eventbrite link so that we know how to send you the Zoom invite.
Zoom invites to the concert will be sent around by 11:15 AM on the day of the event.
Although we won’t give away the name of the musician performing until you arrive to the concert, we’ll give away additional clues via social media between now and Sunday. See you at the #WMVSundayBrunchSurprise!
Sunday Brunch Surprise Concert #21 Clues:
- For the past several years, I’ve performed in two different bands, a jazz duo and a four piece Americana/roots band. Prior to Covid, the jazz duo performed a weekly gig at Corvina Wine Company in beautiful West Allis.
- Almost as much as performing, I also try to do what I can to support local music and musicians. Over the past years, my wife and I have hosted several house concerts, mostly focused on jazz music, featuring many talented local and regional artists, but also featuring national artists such as David Hazeltine and Lynne Arriale. We’re hoping to schedule more house concerts in the future when things open up a bit more.
- I’ve also supported jazz and jazz education in other ways, both by being a member of Jazz Unlimited of Greater Milwaukee, and for several years serving as Chair of JU’s Youth Scholarship program, which awards scholarships annually to deserving local high school jazz students.
- Supporting music education continues with a scholarship honoring my father-in-law Lee Guse, offered as an annual Memorial Jazz Scholarship to students of the Civic Music Association of Milwaukee.
- For this Sunday Brunch, I am looking forward to playing a selection of my original songs that I rarely perform in public…this will be a great treat for me, and I hope for my audience, as well.
Past Sunday Brunch Surprise performers, in order of appearance:
- Stas Venglevski, Accordion
- Matthew Davies, Folk Singer/Songwriter
- Natural Satellite, Folk-Jazz Duo
- Mike Neumeyer, Percussionist (Marimba/Vibraphones)
- Jay Matthes, Country Singer/Songwriter
- Tae, Soul Singer/Songwriter
- Next Paperback Hero, Singer/Songwriter
- Caleb Delaney, Singer/Songwriter
- Peter Thomas, Cellist, Singer
- Nicholas Raymond, Singer/Songwriter
- Deux Bois, Clarinet and Cello Duo
- Ben Harold, Folk-Rock Singer/Songwriter
- Pete Billmann, Jazz Guitarist
- Genevieve Heyward, Americana Singer/Songwriter
- Alyssia Dominguez, Country Singer/Songwriter
- 5PM To Nowhere, Singer/Songwriter
- Jesús Villa, Singer/Songwriter
- Michael Tinker Tierney, Singer/Songwriter
- Dani Daly and Kris Crow, Rock and Country Duo
Featured WMV Patron presenting this concert: Megan Berndt