Musicians, please visit this page to let us know how we can help you during this time of uncertainty due to COVID-19.
NŌ STUDIOS UNPLUGGED
Enjoy live music again with NŌ STUDIOS UNPLUGGED
Nō Studios believes that the current business/life interruption offers us all a chance to connect, enjoy, and appreciate the value that artistic expression delivers in times of need. We present to you Nō Studios Unplugged – live streamed performances from the Milwaukee area’s GREAT musical artists – on Nō Studios’ YouTube channel + website homepage. If you miss the show or need more of that live music vibe, not to worry. All Nō Studios Unplugged experiences are archived on our website at www.nostudios.com/community-wins.
Enjoy a LIVE performance with Carmen + Kostia on Friday, September 11th at 6pm CST. RSVP NOW!
From collaborating with nationally acclaimed singer/songwriter Willy Porter (Carmen & Willy co-wrote the 2017 album, “Bonfire To Ash.” ) to being the voice for Sonya Lee – one of Fisher Price’s Little People Characters in their live stage performances, Nickerson has endeared herself to audiences across age and musical genre. She’s a professional vocalist and studio voice-over talent, recording for Hollywood Records (a subsidiary of Disney) in Los Angeles and on the “Pro Vocal Series” for Hal Leonard Publishing in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Kostia Efimov, who trained as a concert pianist in Russia, came to America to record with Narada Records. He blends a wide range of styles into his playing, including classical, jazz and pop. He performs with The Daryl Stuermer Band (of Genesis fame) as well as many other regional acts. His original compositions are treasured throughout the world and have been heard on Sex in the City and other shows. Olympic gold medalist, Michelle Kwan, has skated to one of Kostia’s songs!
This Nō Studios Unplugged session is sponsored by 88Nine Radio Milwaukee – thank you!
Wisconsin Music Ventures is partnering with the Wilson Center to feature live music at their Colonnade Café! Take advantage of what’s left of our delightful weather at the beautiful grounds of the Wilson Center with specialty espresso bar partner Roast Coffee Company.
Treat yourself or a loved one to a trip to the Burke Colonnade Café as Roast Coffee Kiosk serves delicious coffee and espresso drinks, and check out free performances featuring some truly incredible Milwaukee-area musicians!
If you’ve followed live music in Southeastern WI at all, chances are very good that you’ve seen Dave perform at some event. He is an in demand, seasoned professional with many shows at a multitude of high-profile venues including Summerfest, WI State Fair, Milwaukee Zoo A La Carte, and too many clubs and smaller festivals to mention. AKA “Dave Cincinatti”, he has spent most of his musical life as lead guitarist, keyboardist and backup vocalist with local bands like Man Alive, Full House, Barry’s Truckers, Modern Giants, Annie B and the Complication, the Marcel (Guyton) Experience, the Rhythm Kings, The Bystanders, Plumb Loco, Katie Mack & The Moan and a host of others. Now he steps into a solo role as both a guitarist & keyboardist. His playlist covers music of the Beatles, the Eagles, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Bruce Hornsby, Peter Gabriel, Elton John and many others. Dave treats every show as an opportunity to reach out & make his listeners feel special & appreciated. Because to him, they ARE! He will entertain you and rock you up…REAL GOOD! Think you can keep up? Too much fun!
On Monday, September 14th at 6:30 PM, Wisconsin Music Ventures will present the third official concert in its series, WMV Monday Music at the FireHouse, at Story Hill FireHouse. This is a free event and a cash bar will be available. Doors will open at 6:00 PM.
Before Nitrogen will play in the courtyard of the FireHouse. In case of rain or bad weather, the event will be moved indoors. Story Hill FireHouse is taking precautions to protect its employees and guests. Read more about their safety policies towards the bottom of their front page here. *Please note that no food or beverage carry-ins are allowed at this event.
Due to the Milwaukee County mask mandate, guests will be required to wear masks throughout the event if within 6 feet of a person who is not a member of their household.
Before Nitrogen was born in 2017 when lead singer Sean McGibany began capturing his worries about his personal life and the chaos of the world around him in song. “I wanted to create a pathway out through the songs and tell a story of hope prevailing in the end, even though the future was very uncertain in that moment” he says. Teaming up with friends Jack Reesman (guitar) and Joe Perdzock (DJ), the eclectic trio was born and have been pushing their optimistic indie pop blend ever since.
Check out their latest song Dear Kenosha, a heartfelt message from Sean McGibany to his hometown during this time of distress.
Join us for a Sunday brunch-time performance, online! Enjoy a mimosa, Bloody Mary, coffee and/or brunch food of your choice in the comfort of your own home while we provide a live music experience for you.
Audience members will be able to ask questions of the artist, converse with each other along the way (using Zoom chat), and see each other all in one place – almost as if we were at a concert together. Register through this Eventbrite link so that we know how to send you the Zoom invite.
Zoom invites to the concert will be sent around by 11:15 AM on the day of the event.
Although we won’t give away the name of the musician performing until you arrive to the concert, we’ll give away additional clues via social media between now and Sunday. See you at the #WMVSundayBrunchSurprise!
Sunday Brunch Surprise Concert #10 Clues:
- He plays 8 different Instruments & hopes to continue to grow that number.
- Music has connected him to his creative authenticity & through that process he has played over 1000 shows for a wide array of audiences over the last decade.
- His dogs Mud & Ezra are his best friends & test subjects for new material, most of the time they wag their tails & howl.
- A new path in his career has taken shape in Colorado. He is playing shows slowly & look forward to touring this beautiful state & its neighbors.
- All of his songs are about people & experiences he has had. He often warns people close to him, no matter good or bad, he will write about you.
Past Sunday Brunch Surprise performers, in order of appearance:
- Stas Venglevski, Accordion
- Matthew Davies, Folk Singer/Songwriter
- Natural Satellite, Folk-Jazz Duo
- Mike Neumeyer, Percussionist (Marimba/Vibraphones)
- Jay Matthes, Country Singer/Songwriter
- Tae, Soul Singer/Songwriter
- Next Paperback Hero, Singer/Songwriter
- Caleb Delaney, Singer/Songwriter
- Peter Thomas, Cellist, Singer
Featured Patron presenting this concert: Nō Studios in downtown Milwaukee
Catch some more live music during the month of September! Wisconsin Music Ventures is partnering with The Corners of Brookfield to present live music for their End of Summer Patio Series.
The musician line-up is listed below and as with most of our recurring events, the style/genre of music will be different with each event. Take advantage of the delightful weather in a beautiful space before the all too familiar Wisconsin winter takes over!
Wednesday, September 2nd
- 5:30-7:30 PM: Caleb Delaney
- Caleb Delaney is a lifelong musician who writes songs just to get through the day. His music is all over the place lyrically and thoughtfully, but it is glued together with groove. He does not sound like what he looks like—some may say. As an artist, Caleb finds himself always dreaming, which he claims is both a blessing and a curse.
Saturday, September 5th
- 12:00-2:00 PM: Justin Jagler
- Armed with rock ‘n’ roll zeal and rhythmic guitars, Justin Jagler delivers soulful roots music across America’s heartland and beyond. Through songs like “Stay Freaky, Giannis” and “Harvest Time,” Jagler’s relentless songwriting and nimble voice pay homage to folk tradition and explore the lives of 21st-century characters.
Wednesday, September 9th
- 5:30-7:30 PM: Bruce Humphries
- The love of rockabilly began for Bruce Humphries in 1983 after seeing the Stray Cats perform live. “It was a life changing experience for me. That crazy rhythm was incredibly intoxicating!” Bruce has played in a variety of bands and has performed with some legendary acts along the way. His current band, Bruce Humphries and the Rockabilly Rebels, have just released their debut album and have been finding regional success with area festivals and local radio play.
Saturday, September 12th
- 12:00-2:00 PM: Cullah
- Cullah (Born April 27, 1991 in Milwaukee, WI) is a multi-disciplinary musician and engineer who writes, records, and releases an album every year royalty-free on April 27th (his birthday) since 2006. Each album reflects the eclectic musical styles that Cullah draws from — an autobiographical journey of musical expression. It seems Cullah is able to reinvent himself every year exploring and documenting the human condition through song. Cullah is a prolific composer, poet and performer. His ability to adapt to seemingly unrelated genres leads to an exciting and captivating performance. It is quite tough to put your finger on Cullah and what he may be up to next. He shows no sign of stopping.
Wednesday, September 16th
- 5:30-7:30 PM: Roxie Beane
- Roxie is a vocalist/acoustic guitarist out of Milwaukee, WI. Frequenting a variety of intimate MKE venues, Roxie has spent 12+ years performing a mixture of unique covers that span a plethora of eras and genres, expressing her renditions through a neo-soul thump driven style she’s labeled “Acoustic Funk Rock.”
Saturday, September 19th
- 12:00-2:00 PM: String Theory Duo
- Featuring an eclectic blend of various genres, String theory creates a novel and entertaining show with their guitar artistry. They offer a variety of interesting music created from their own arrangements of jazz standards, blues, and classic rock.
Wednesday, September 23rd
- 5:30-7:30 PM: Dave Ciccantelli
- If you’ve followed live music in Southeastern WI at all, chances are very good that you’ve seen Dave perform at some event. He is an in demand, seasoned professional with many shows at a multitude of high-profile venues including Summerfest, WI State Fair, Milwaukee Zoo A La Carte, and too many clubs and smaller festivals to mention. AKA “Dave Cincinatti”, he has spent most of his musical life as lead guitarist, keyboardist and backup vocalist with local bands like Man Alive, Full House, Barry’s Truckers, Modern Giants, Annie B and the Complication, the Marcel (Guyton) Experience, the Rhythm Kings, The Bystanders, Plumb Loco, Katie Mack & The Moan and a host of others. Now he steps into a solo role as both a guitarist & keyboardist. His playlist covers music of the Beatles, the Eagles, Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Bruce Hornsby, Peter Gabriel, Elton John and many others. Dave treats every show as an opportunity to reach out & make his listeners feel special & appreciated. Because to him, they ARE! He will entertain you and rock you up…REAL GOOD! Think you can keep up? Too much fun!